Atmospherically tucked within Galle’s historic seventeenth century fortress on the southwest coast of Sri Lanka, Ambassador’s House is a magnificently proportioned five-bedroom property bursting with colonial charm. Once the residence of the Bangladeshi Ambassador, this majestic house boasts an abundance of living space, including a spacious roof terrace and a cavernous lounge, which make it an exceptional place for entertaining.
Families and groups of friends will cherish time spent in these elegant surroundings soaking up the nostalgia. The house is fully-staffed and comes with an elongated plunge pool, wireless internet and a satellite-enabled TV and DVD player.
Houses in Galle’s historic seventeenth century fortress tend to hide their expansive interiors behind deceptively modest facades as carefully as secrets remain hidden for hundreds of years, and Ambassador’s House is no exception. Although the property’s pillared frontage and arched doorways are strikingly elegant, they are not particularly large. Step across the threshold however and be amazed at the generous proportions of the living room alone; and this awe-inspiring combination of magnificence and grace, ambiance and charm offer a tantalising taste of what’s to come as you surrender to your curiosity and step further inside.
Ambassador’s House dates back 300 years and significant remnants of its eminent past remain; soaring ceilings, pillared verandas and graceful archways combine with a contemporary-colonial interior design that harks back to the Dutch, under whose authority this magnificent property (and indeed the fortress in which the house stands) was built. Until recently, the building was the much-admired residence of the Bangladeshi ambassador, hence its name, and its spacious interiors were quite aptly used for the entertainment of visiting dignitaries. Today, it is with traditional Sri Lankan hospitality that our staff team welcome you; keen to cater to your every requirement we’re sure their warm welcome will make you feel immediately at home.
Ambassador’s House is well suited to group gatherings and large families as the amount and variety of sumptuous living space on offer – from the expansive living room and roof terrace to the intimate TV room and master bedroom lounge – allows everyone either to find their own quiet and peaceful corner or to enjoy the spacious rooms together. The house comes with a gorgeous courtyard plunge pool enhanced by a cascading wall of water that gushes quietly in the background and echoes softly amongst the petite
pockets of tropical gardens.
- Quick Facts :
• Location: Galle Fort, South Coast, Sri Lanka.
• Distances: An historic 5 minute walk to most of the fort’s prime attractions including the ramparts, the lighthouse and the Maritime Museum. Banks, boutiques and a scattering of restaurants and cafes are also located within the fort, all of which are on your doorstep. The nearest beach at Unawatuna is a
15 minute drive.
• Capacity: 10 people [1 master suite; 1 twin; 3 doubles].
• Living Areas: Spacious fully-furnished sitting room; indoor dining for 10; outdoor dining in courtyard garden for 6; fan-cooled TV lounge; roof terrace pavilion with built-in sofa seating and fridge.
• Pool: 4 x 11m plunge pool.
• Staff: Cook, maid and houseboy (masseuse and babysitter on request at additional charge). A caretaker lives to the rear of the property.
• Dining: Basic western dishes and Sri Lankan cuisine. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
• Communication: WiFi broadband internet access, landline for local calls (charge for international calls).
• Entertainment: 42-inch flat-screen TV with satellite connection, iPod adaptor, DVD player, CD stereo, books and board games.
• Events: Suitable for reunions and birthday celebrations; max 25 people.
• Property Area: 780 m2
- Rooms :
• 5 Air-conditioned bedrooms
o Master bedroom 1 (king) ensuite bathroom
o Bedroom 2 (twin) ensuite bathroom
o Bedroom 3 (king) ensuite bathroom
o Bedroom 4 (king) ensuite bathroom
o Bedroom 5 (king) ensuite bathroom
• Living, dining & kitchen
• TV room & roof terrace
• Max occupancy: 10 adults
- 6 Staff :
• 1 Villa manager (off-site)
• 1 Cook
• 1 Houseboy
• 2 Maids
• 1 Caretaker
- Location :
Ambassador’s House is located within the walls of Galle Fort, a preserved
17th century colonial fortification listed as a UNESCO World Monument.
Galle itself is the capital city of the southern province of Sri Lanka.
|2 Nights||14 Nights|
|01/05/13 - 30/06/132 Night(s) min.||364 € per night||310 € per night|
|01/07/13 - 31/08/135 Night(s) min.||440 € per night||394 € per night|
|01/09/13 - 30/11/132 Night(s) min.||364 € per night||310 € per night|
|01/12/13 - 18/12/135 Night(s) min.||440 € per night||394 € per night|
|19/12/13 - 08/01/147 Night(s) min.||593 € per night||562 € per night|
|01/05/14 - 30/06/142 Night(s) min.||364 € per night||310 € per night|
|01/07/14 - 31/08/145 Night(s) min.||440 € per night||394 € per night|
|01/09/14 - 30/11/142 Night(s) min.||364 € per night||310 € per night|
|01/12/14 - 18/12/145 Night(s) min.||440 € per night||394 € per night|