The Made Widjaya-designed setting is stunning – mature gardens splashed with technicolour bougainvillaea and tropical blooms, emerald lawns with meandering paths and whimsical statues, and a huge water-garden of interlinking ponds with banks of lotus, koi fish and fountains. Interspersed within this verdant oasis are multiple alang-alang thatched sleeping and living pavilions – among them two air-conditioned living rooms, an upper level open-sided living room, garden living pavilion, yoga and meditation octagon, cellar bar, poolside and water garden bales and two dining terraces each seating up to 14 guests. The seven suites are equally generous, adorned with antique furniture and artwork curated by the well-travelled Asian expat owners who show impeccable taste and an appreciation for the island’s bounteous natural materials.
The accommodation is grouped into two distinct homes – the four-bedroom Garden Residence, and the three-bedroom Pond Residence, each with their own swimming pool. (Each residence can be rented independently from the other if you don’t need seven-plus bedroom; but they are never rented to two separate groups at the same time, so you will still enjoy complete privacy.)
With its multiple-pavilion layout and myriad facilities, the fully staffed Villa Waru is perfect for two or three families who love social space and breathing space in equal measure. The place is clearly a much-loved family home, and kids of all ages will be well entertained with the large pool, plunge pool, air-conditioned media room, table football, electronic keyboard and pool table. And for that special family reunion or romantic stop-the-clock wedding, this magical estate is matchless.
Golden Suite : 60sqm suite featuring a Venetian-style, queen-size, four-poster bed - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Private garden terrace with sun-loungers and water feature - Garden bathroom with statement terrazzo bathtub in separate pavilion
Teak Suite : 50sqm upper-level suite with teak walls and floors and vaulted pavilion ceiling - Distressed-leather king-size bed under a net canopy, and antique furniture - Extensive, well-fitted dressing room - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Ensuite shower room
Gecko Suite : 40sqm private retreat occupying its own pavilion within the garden - Queen-size four-poster bed - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Ensuite bathroom with garden shower
Colorful Suite : Ground floor suite accessed from the TV room and the garden - Queen-size bed (convertible to twins) with trundle beds underneath for extra guests – perfect for the kids - Marble-walled shower room with single basin
Sparkle Suite : Named for its stunning brass and crystal chandeliers - 40sqm bedroom with vaulted ceiling, teakwood floor, and private garden entrance - Sliding doors opening onto deck over the pond - Queen-size canopy bed facing the garden and ponds - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Ensuite bathroom with twin basins, statement bathtub and rain shower overlooking garden courtyard
Purple Suite : 60sqm bedroom with teakwood floor, vaulted ceiling, and sliding doors onto the plunge pool - Huge four-poster bed made up of three single mattresses (in one frame) - Seating area and pantry with bar fridge and microwave - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Ensuite bathroom with hamam-style bathtub, rain shower and twin basins
Lucky Eight Suite : Octagonal shaped 50sqm bedroom with king-size four poster bed - Extensive dressing area with stairs to yoga and meditation room (can be used as an additional bedroom) - Choice of air-conditioning or ceiling fan - Large bathroom with Moroccan-style shower and private garden with statement bathtub set within a lotus pond
The Garden Residence
Large air-conditioned living room with extensive seating
Upper level open-sided living pavilion with dining table for eight, sofas and chairs, and kitchenette with counter and bar stools
Air-conditioned TV room with 50-inch satellite TV/DVD player; dining table for six
Large professionally equipped kitchen with laundry and linen room
The Pond Residence
Sitting area between Sparkle and Purple suites
Air-conditioned living room (in Lucky Eight pavilion) with TV/ DVD player, and kitchenette
Air-conditioned ‘Tip Top’ yoga/meditation octagon (above Lucky Eight suite)
Cellar bar with pool table, projector and screen
The Garden Residence
Dining terrace with extra-long table seating 14
Garden living pavilion with kitchenette
Pool bale with huge daybed, and seating area
15-metre swimming pool; sun terrace with loungers
The Pond Residence
Dining terrace with table for 12 outside Lucky Eight suite
Deck suspended over the pond, with dining and seating, accessed from Sparkle suite
Plunge pool, accessed from Purple and Sparkle suites
Water gardens with wooden bridge, island and relaxation bale
Villa Waru stretches across the peak of the Taman Yasa estate, an exclusive enclave wrapping a hilltop above Nusa Dua and Benoa. This elite community of just 21 widely spread out luxury villas promises peace and tranquillity for its residents, who benefit from a guarded entrance gate and 24-hour security patrols, plus the estate’s communal pool and library. The white-sandy beaches of Nusa Dua and Jimbaran are a mere 15 minutes away, as are the shopping centres and restaurants of the myriad five-star resorts lining the shore. And thanks to the new cross-sea tollway at the base of the hill, the journey to the airport, Sanur and attractions further afield is quick and easy.
Villa Waru’s supervisor has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Chat to the staff too; many have been attached to the villa for some time and are a great source of insider information. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Nusa Dua beach is one of the cleanest and longest in southern Bali. Here, as well as enjoying a swim in the calm reef-protected water, you can wind surf, kayak, jet ski and para-sail. Quicksilver run daily tours to Nusa Penida island (world-class diving destination and home of the fabulous mola-mola sunfish) from nearby too.
- For shopping, visit Bali Collection, located within the Nusa Dua resort enclave. The mall is a multi-faceted complex of retail department stores, shops, an art market, and local and international restaurants and bars. If you would prefer to barter for some cheap clothing, check out Nusa Dua’s two tourist markets, one is situated on Jalan Pantai Mengiat (near Mengiat Beach) and the other is close to Melia Bali Resort.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs ‘Make and Paint a Pot’ sessions where ‘Children’ of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- Soar above the spectacular southern coastline of the Bukit Peninsula on a Paraglider. Paragliding courses and solo flying for the experienced are available as well as tandem flights in the safe hands of experienced instructors. The training centre is at Timbis Beach on the south coast of The Bukit.
- Perched on a cliff 70m above the roaring Indian Ocean, Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu) is one of Bali’s nine key directional temples. Facing west and with steep headlands on either side creating an unbelievably dramatic setting, sunsets over Uluwatu are a sight not to be missed.
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran is a must for every holiday in Bali – dozens of seafood warung (cafés) line this west-facing beach, perfect for a sunset dinner. Fine dining options are available at most of the big resort hotels in this area; notably Sundara at Four Seasons in Jimbaran, the lunch menu here offers wood-fired pizza, sushi and Balinese delights, while the dinner menu presents gourmet steak and seafood selections.
- Uluwatu is the place for surfing enthusiasts. Most of the breaks here are only suitable for advanced or expert surfers – the waves are big here. Particular highlights are Uluwatu, Dreamland, Padang-Padang, Bingin/Impossibles and Suluban.
- Golfers may wish to play a round at the award-winning 18-hole Bali National Golf Club or the stunning cliff-top Bukit Pandawa Golf & Country Club.
- An annual international kite festival takes place at Padang Galak beach (just north of Sanur) every July. Traditional Balinese giant kites up to ten metres in length are made and flown competitively by teams from different villages around Bali. Originally, these kites were intended to send a message to the Hindu Gods to create abundant crops and harvests. Aside from the festival itself, visitors will see many giant kites being flown in this area from June through to August.
Entertainment, well-being & sports
Cards and board games
Outdoor private swimming pool
Internet access (broadband, wifi)
BOSE sound system
Satellite or cable program
Billiard / Pool table
Kitchen & Appliances
State of the art kitchen equipment
Fully equipped kitchen
For your comfort and convenience
Outdoor dining table
Lounge area on the terrace
Pool lounge chairs
Equipment, facilities, events
Safe deposit box
Fully staffed property
What is Included
Included in rates
Electricity, water, gas
Bed and household linens
Not included in rates
Transfer by taxi
Child care, Baby sitting
Car with driver : starting from 35.00 USD Per Day
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times when using hot tub, pool, sauna or hammam - Children welcome - It is not allowed to organise events in the property without prior approval by Villanovo - No safety fence around the pool - Pets not allowed - Pool has no swimming guard - Smoking is not allowed inside the house - The house must be returned in the same condition of check in. Otherwise fees can be charged to the customer. - Language spoken by staff : English - Check in : 15:00 h - Check out : 12:00 h - Amount of security deposit : - Security deposit must be paid in the form of :
- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 30 % - 2nd payment 85 Days to arrival day : 70 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - Advance payments can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Bank transfer. - On site payment can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Cash. - Hotel / Owner may require on site payment to be made in local currency. . - The reservation price does not include optional incidentals or on-request items which will be added to your final bill. - Payments in local currency are subject to variation in currency exchange rates.
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email - Cancellation policy is applied according to villa local time - For all cancellations, the initial guarantee deposit is non-refundable. - Cancellation occurs less than 85 Days to arrival day : 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - No show 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo - Booking Cancellation fee : 100 $ - Changes to confirmed arrangements fee : 100 $
For some of our properties, the map does not show the exact location of the house.
Golf (10 Minutes by car) Tennis (10 Minutes Walk) Denpasar's airport (15 Minutes by car) Restaurants / Shops (10 Minutes by car) Small grocery store (5 Minutes by car)
Enter your email address to receive fresh news from Villanovo
VILLANOVO is a team of villa specialists and a fully bonded travel agency specializing in upscale rental of luxury villas, charming houses and luxury homes for an unforgettable holiday. Villanovo owns the Villanovo, 1001 Villas and Ibiza House Renting trademarks.
We are fully financially bonded and bound by professional codes of conduct, complying with the latest European directives.
Your money is "safe" and your rights protected with a reputable and professional holiday company.
Villanovo is a member of APST. Villanovo holds a fully bonded licence granted by Atout France.
Villanovo is a travel agent specialist in luxury villa rentals South - Nusa Dua & The Bukit : Swimming pool, Children welcome, On a golf course, House staff, etc