Chalet Fontbel, located in the hamlet of Méribel Village, is a family chalet combining traditional and contemporary. Located a few minutes from the slopes and shops, you can access the area of 3 Valleys in a few steps.
The Fontbel chalet is one of the most authentic chalets in Méribel Village: it has a historical dimension that touches the sensitivity of each guest. Destroyed to be completely rebuilt "exactly respecting the footprints" and all that corresponded to the original cottage, "the exteriors are identical to the old ones with a more contemporary dimension", according to Rémi Giffon, architect of the Fontbel chalet revival. Made of old wood and stone, the facades of this family cottage blend perfectly with the natural environment in which it bathes.
Associated with the English owners, Atelier Rémi Giffon designed some of the furniture, then built by their carpenter in the same wood as the rest of the chalet. The owners, very invested in the project, imported many pieces from England, taking advantage of different influences. The local spinning mill, Arpin, has been used for curtains and headboards that provide warmth through mountain wool. The use of noble and local materials such as old wood, wool or stone make Chalet Fontbel a family cottage where it is good to stay.
The night spaces promote serenity and bear the name of a forest animal, a recurring theme in this family cottage. The Fontbel has magnificent 3 double rooms, where 6 guests will find softness and tranquility after a long day on the slopes. The bedroom with bunk bed will be ideal for young adults who do not want to be with children: two teenagers will enjoy listening to music or reading in this room with natural tones. The beautiful Master bedroom will delight parents who will plunge into a clean room, perfect for relaxing and getting away from the bustle of the Multi Room.
This piece is part of the "creation of a basement larger than before because it is dug underground with an extension" that is the Multi Room. Divided into two parts, is is completely under the existing terrace. The children will be delighted to share a large room just for them, with two hanging beds and two double beds.
The second part will be one of the favorite places of all guests: a very cozy TV room. Upon entering, you will be seized by the beautiful backlit photo of the "Forest Fontany", nicknamed by the owners and the architect. It gives the impression of a window open on the outside, and brings the calm in this room where the animation is de rigueur. Comfortably settled in one of the colored armchairs, you will be able to spend privileged moments in family. At the same level is an independent bathroom where you can relax in the dry heat of the sauna, or relax in the whirlpool bath.
"Having placed the living room part on the top floor is a significant advantage. An open space under a framework of old wood with kitchen, dining room and living room", perfect to reunite the whole family in a crossing room bathed in natural light. The living room is divided in two: a corner with a television and fur seats for cozy comfort, and a party with wide gray sofas arranged in a square for convivial meetings where everyone discusses his prowess on the slopes of the 3 Valleys. Both are warmed by the imposing stone fireplace that will welcome you to the top of the stairs.
The fully equipped open kitchen will be the scene of the culinary experiences of the scullions, while the others will gather around the long table to enjoy the carefully prepared dinner.
Chalet Fontbel is a chalet that will delight families looking for unforgettable memories in the French Alps. Its beautiful volumes and the perceived luminosity throughout the day, its dedicated spaces and the conviviality that it releases make of Fontbel the family chalet par excellence in Méribel.
Family chalet combining traditional and contemporary 280m², with 6 bedrooms for 12 people. It is located in Méribel Village, 3 minutes from the slopes and shops. Free shuttle to the center of Méribel.
Child room without windows with 2 single beds open to a large living room with TV (sky and satellite)
Bedroom 2: en-suite 2 single beds (90x190)) with shower and wc
Bedroom 3: with bunk beds (80x190)
Bedroom 4: en-suite double (180x200) (separable bed) with shower and toilet, balcony access.
Bedroom 5: en-suite double (160x200) with shower and toilet, balcony access.
Master bedroom: en-suite double (180x200) with TV, bathrooms, shower and wc, balcony access.
Bathroom with spa bath, sauna and Italian shower
Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer
Ski room with boot dryer
1 separate toilet
1 separate toilet
South facing terrace with outdoor jacuzzi
An equipped kitchen opened on the stay
Living room with fireplace and TV (sky and satellite)
Services included except in summer
- Personalized welcome at the chalet with champagne and gourmet basket
- Linen provided (sheets, towels, bathrobes, slippers)
- Beds made on arrival - Products in the bathrooms
- Daily cleaning (3h) - End of stay cleaning
- Wifi access - Fireplace wood
Services not included
- Tourist tax to be paid on the spot
NO SMOKING - ANIMALS NOT ALLOWED
Entertainment, well-being & sports
Blu-Ray DVD player
Internet access (broadband, wifi)
Kitchen & Appliances
For your comfort and convenience
Fireplace in living room
Outdoor hot tub
Ski boot dryer
Ski slopes at walking distance
What is Included
Included in rates
Wood provided for the fireplace
Selection of bath products
Housekeeping 3 hours per day
Housecleaning upon departure
Electricity, water, gas
Bottle of champagne upon arrival
Bed and household linens
Not included in rates
Tourism development tax
Extra hours of housekeeping
Daily pastries delivery
Daily breads delivery
Child care, Baby sitting
Bed linen and towels change
Assistance with ski schools bookings
Assistance with ski hire
Airport transfer both ways
Activities booking (sled dogs, paragliding, hot air ballooning, helicopter tours etc...)
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times when using hot tub, pool, sauna or hammam - Children welcome - It is not allowed to organise events in the property without prior approval by Villanovo - Non smoking - Pets not allowed - Smoking is not allowed inside the house - The house must be returned in the same condition of check in. Otherwise fees can be charged to the customer. - Language spoken by staff : English - French - Check in : 17:00 h - Check out : 10:00 h
- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 40 % - 2nd payment 35 Days to arrival day : 60 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - Advance payments can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Bank transfer. - On site payment can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Bank transfer - Cash. - Hotel / Owner may require on site payment to be made in local currency. . - The reservation price does not include optional incidentals or on-request items which will be added to your final bill. - Payments in local currency are subject to variation in currency exchange rates.
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email - Cancellation policy is applied according to villa local time - For all cancellations, the initial guarantee deposit is non-refundable. - Cancellation occurs less than 45 Days to arrival day : 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - No show 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo
For some of our properties, the map does not show the exact location of the house.
Airport (100 KM) Closest train station (45 KM) Ski slopes (0.05 KM) Lift station (0.06 KM)
Enter your email address to receive fresh news from Villanovo
VILLANOVO is a team of villa specialists and a fully bonded travel agency specializing in upscale rental of luxury villas, charming houses and luxury homes for an unforgettable holiday. Villanovo owns and operates Villanovo.com, IbizaHouseRenting.com, Maurice-Villas.com, Villa-IledeRe.com, Villas-Algarve.com, VillasMarrakech.com websites.
We are fully financially bonded and bound by professional codes of conduct, complying with the latest European directives.
Your money is "safe" and your rights protected with a reputable and professional holiday company.
Villanovo is a member of APST. Villanovo holds a fully bonded licence granted by Atout France.
Villanovo is a travel agent specialist in luxury villa rentals Méribel : Hammam, Children welcome, House staff, Swimming pool, etc