Beautiful wooden villa finely sculpted, with 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, a yoga garden.
About Villa Shambala
Villa Shambala is a hidden oasis – sophisticated, secluded and exclusive – yet only minutes from the boutiques, restaurants and nightlife of fashionable Seminyak.
With five elegant ensuite bedrooms and numerous lounge areas, this fully staffed villa blends the charm of traditional Indonesian architecture with the luxury and comfort of modern conveniences. Thoughtful use of space makes Villa Shambala the perfect choice for large groups or families sharing.
You won’t believe you are in the heart of bustling Seminyak when you step through the gates into the exquisite walled garden of Villa Shambala. Your holiday has begun.
Laze your days away by the pool, pamper yourself with a massage in the spa room, curl up with a book on the luxurious couch, catch a movie in the media lounge, take a short stroll to the beach or town, then come together with your group to sip cocktails on the deck, followed by a delicious meal in the elegant dining room, cooked by your own private chef.
With indoor and outdoor living and dining areas, two separate media rooms, and sun lounges throughout the gardens, there’s plenty of space for everyone to relax.
You will have a perfect night’s sleep in the elegant master suite, peaceful garden bedroom or one of the charming ensuite bedrooms in the guest pavilion.
Your every need will be attended to by our wonderful team including a private chef, housekeepers and your very own butler, all dedicated to ensuring that you have the perfect holiday.
Villa Shambala’s three single-storey pavilions all face the 20-metre pool. The villa’s main living pavilion lies at the far end and houses the master suite, garden bedroom, living and dining areas, media lounge and well-appointed modern kitchen.
The guest pavilion is situated in complete privacy at the opposite end of the pool and comprises three ensuite bedrooms and the second TV room.
At the side of the pool is a private air-conditioned spa room with two massage beds, while comfortable outdoor seating and sun loungers are thoughtfully arranged poolside and throughout the gardens.
The master suite in the main pavilion invites romantic nights and lazy mornings with its luxurious king bed under an exquisite hand-carved teak canopy, spacious bathroom with rain shower and a semi-sunken stone tub, and floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening onto the tranquil lily pond garden.
Also in the main pavilion, the garden room is perfect for relaxing and romancing with its four-poster king bed with net canopy, ensuite garden bathroom with stone tub and rain shower, and outlook to the lily pond and water feature.
The three bedrooms in the separate guest pavilion are beautifully appointed with king beds, ensuite courtyard bathrooms, plush interiors and natural finishes.
These bedrooms face onto a central TV room and are ideal for children or extended family groups as the beds can also be configured as twins.
All bedrooms are air-conditioned.
Villa Shambala offers many delightful options for socialising with your group, relaxing with that special someone or taking some time out on your own.
The light and breezy living room features a huge U-shaped couch set around a coffee table and glass doors opening onto the shade-dappled deck, where you will find more couches and lounges.
There are two dining options – the elegant indoor dining area where a table for ten makes the perfect setting for a dinner party, or, for alfresco meals, there’s a generous twenty-seat table in the barbecue area.
The chic, custom kitchen is designed to be as pleasing to holiday cooks as it is to guests who would prefer to take a back seat at the breakfast bar and watch the villa’s private chef do the work.
The media lounge in the main pavilion is fitted out with deep sofas, a massive digitally projected screen, DVD player and satellite TV with surround-sound, and an extensive library of DVDs and CDs. Or, if you want to go low tech, there are shelves of books and games.
The TV lounge in the guest pavilion features comfy couches, large screen TV and DVD player. WiFi is available throughout the villa.
Double spa room
The delightfully private spa room has two massage beds for in-house treatments, which can be easily arranged by the villa manager.
Villa Shambala is in one of the most sought-after locations in Bali, offering you a complete hidden paradise in Seminyak’s ‘Golden Triangle’.
The villa is just minutes from Seminyak’s main street, Jalan Kayu Aya (also called Jalan Laksmana, Oberoi or ‘Eat Street’), where an impressive array of dining and entertainment options abound. Trendy boutiques, supermarkets and ATMs are all within a short walk of the villa, as are some of the island’s best known entertainment and dining venues, including Ku De Ta, W Hotel, La Lucciola, Potatohead beach club and other glamorous Seminyak staples.
Villa Shambala is also just 500 metres from the beach, where you can enjoy a variety of water sports, long seaside walks and beautiful Bali sunsets.
Things to do
The villa manager will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably some of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Sports enthusiasts should head to Bali’s prestigious Canggu Club, fifteen minutes away, with its state-of-the-art gym, tennis and squash centre. Round off your workouts with some fine international dining, then stock up on gourmet goodies at the nearby Canggu Deli.
- Catch a wave, or several, at some of Bali’s best surfing beaches, only ten to fifteen minutes away. Among the string of naturally beautiful beaches, don’t miss long-time surfers haunt, Echo Beach – but all are in prime position for Bali’s legendary sunsets.
- On Canggu Beach, be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali. Listed in the Robb Report (the World’s Best of the Best), Bali’s first museum-hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques. The boutique hotel’s award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is most popular at sunset, but we suggest guests go early morning to enjoy the location in peace!
- Alternatively, view Tanah Lot from the 12th hole of Nirwana Bali Golf Course. Bordered by ocean and rice fields just down from the sea temple, no wonder this championship-standard course (designed by golf legend, Greg Norman) is frequently voted number one in Asia.
- Fashionistas and shop-a-holics should hotfoot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. From Villa Shambala, guests are minutes away from stylish, global-inspired restaurants – such as Sarong and Métis, chic boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars on Seminyak beachfront.
- Drive west to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – the treasures that Bali is famed for.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, head north to Mount Batukaru with its major temple and the nearby rice-fields of Jatiluwih, a UNESCO World Heritage sight; or to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Ubud, the cultural capital of Bali, is around an hour’s cross-country drive away. An easy day trip to admire the workshops and galleries and maybe watch one of the many dance performances in the early evening, or enjoy one of the many restaurants perched over gorges or rice-fields.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
Capacity : 10 people (5 ensuite bedrooms: 2 with queen-size beds; 3 with twin/queen beds).
Living areas : Living room; indoor dining for 10; outdoor dining for 20; 2 TV rooms; outdoor lounge area; poolside balé.
Pool : 19 x 6 metres.
Staff : Villa manager; chef/cook; housekeeping; gardener; pool attendant; security. Massage therapist and babysitter available upon request.
Dining : A wide variety of western and Indonesian dishes. Requests accommodated (including special diets).
Communication : Telephone; WiFi broadband internet access.
Entertainment : Satellite TV; sound system with iPod connection; DVD player; movies, books and games
Spa : A dedicated spa room with two massage beds is available for in-house treatments by professional therapists (additional charge applies).
For families : Villa Shambala is particularly well suited for families with young children. See families page for more information about facilities.
Additional facilities : Safety boxes; back-up generator.
Transport : A private car with driver can be arranged by the villa manager for additional charge, as can metered taxis
Entertainment, well-being & sports
Kitchen & Appliances
For your comfort and convenience
Equipment, facilities, events
Included in rates
Not included in rates
Rental conditions- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times when using hot tub, pool, sauna or hammam
Reservation conditions- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 30 %
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email
|11/02/2019 - 04/04/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|05/04/2019 - 16/04/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|17/04/2019 - 21/04/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|22/04/2019 - 14/06/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|15/06/2019 - 21/06/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|22/06/2019 - 17/08/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|18/08/2019 - 31/08/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|01/09/2019 - 14/12/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|15/12/2019 - 25/12/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|26/12/2019 - 04/01/2020||7 Night(s) min.||2 322 $ / Night|
|05/01/2020 - 23/01/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|24/01/2020 - 31/01/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|01/02/2020 - 27/03/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|28/03/2020 - 08/04/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|09/04/2020 - 13/04/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|14/04/2020 - 02/05/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|03/05/2020 - 19/06/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|20/06/2020 - 26/06/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|27/06/2020 - 23/08/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|24/08/2020 - 05/09/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 571 $ / Night|
|06/09/2020 - 14/12/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 202 $ / Night|
|15/12/2020 - 25/12/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 952 $ / Night|
|11/02/2019 - 04/04/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|05/04/2019 - 16/04/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|17/04/2019 - 21/04/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|22/04/2019 - 14/06/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|15/06/2019 - 21/06/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|22/06/2019 - 17/08/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|18/08/2019 - 31/08/2019||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|01/09/2019 - 14/12/2019||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|15/12/2019 - 25/12/2019||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|26/12/2019 - 04/01/2020||7 Night(s) min.||2 207 $ / Night|
|05/01/2020 - 23/01/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|24/01/2020 - 31/01/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|01/02/2020 - 27/03/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|28/03/2020 - 08/04/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|09/04/2020 - 13/04/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|14/04/2020 - 02/05/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|03/05/2020 - 19/06/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|20/06/2020 - 26/06/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|27/06/2020 - 23/08/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|
|24/08/2020 - 05/09/2020||3 Night(s) min.||1 336 $ / Night|
|06/09/2020 - 14/12/2020||2 Night(s) min.||1 022 $ / Night|
|15/12/2020 - 25/12/2020||5 Night(s) min.||1 757 $ / Night|