Recently restored 18th century property, 11 ensuite bedrooms, in the heart of a protected valley in Luberon National Park, private tennis court, 2 heated swimming pools
Nestled in the heart of a protected valley in Luberon National Park, this 18th century property was restored in 2007 with great respect to its history and its ancient charms and spirit with modern comforts.
With 11 double bedrooms, 11 bathrooms, tennis court, 2 heated pools and a caretaker on-site, it is the ideal retreat for a large family looking for a peaceful and quiet vacation.
This enchanting property is surrounded by a 20 hectare (50 acres) estate and counts three separate houses full of character that can accommodate up to 22 guests in total (2 additional beds can be arranged on request).
These three houses have been decorated in the same refined style: soft bed sheets, gleaming bathrooms, varnished terracotta tiles, classic taps, antique objects hunted down, embroidered linens, Provencal tableware, etc.
The main house:
The main house sleeps 10 guests and one additional bed can be arranged on request.
On the ground floor, the entrance hall opens onto a large living room with TV, sofas, fireplace and a dining area with a large table (for 22 guests).
This large living / dining area adjoins a spacious and fully equipped kitchen with large cooker, fridge, etc.
A second entrance with a large hall opens onto a smaller lounge and a cellar with guest WC. The cellar can be accessed through the kitchen too. This second entrance hall can be arranged with an additional bed.
Upstairs, there are 5 double bedrooms, each of them with full ensuite bathroom. One bedroom is accessible from the staircase in the small lounge, and the four other bedrooms are accessible from the covered outdoor staircase.
Guest house 1:
This guest house is close to the main house and has independent access; however, they are only separated by a small courtyard. It sleeps 6 guests, but one additional bed can be arranged on request, as well as 2 baby beds.
On the ground floor, the entrance hall with guest WC, opens onto a large living / dining room with fireplace, TV, sitting area with sofa and armchair, and dining area with a dining table for 12 guests; and a small lounge where an additional bed can be arranged.
The fully equipped kitchen with large oven adjoins the main living / dining area.
The entrance hall staircase leads to the first floor and its 3 double bedrooms: the master bedroom has a full ensuite bathroom and private terrace; the second bedroom has a dressing area and ensuite shower room; and the third bedroom has an ensuite shower room too.
There is a guest toilet on the landing.
Guest house 2:
This second guest house is the smallest house of the domain; however it offers a warm and cosy feel.
One enters in the house, on the ground floor, directly into the living / dining area. This living area has been arranged with a fireplace, sofa, and TV; and adjoins the fully equipped kitchen. Guest toilets are also accessible from there.
On the left, there is a first double bedroom with ensuite bathroom, and direct access to the garden.
Following the stairs to the first floor, there are two double bedrooms with ensuite bathroom, and a guest WC on the landing.
The gardens are very well kept and are inviting guests for a stroll.
Two heated swimming pools, two pétanque courts, a private tennis court and a 20 hectares estate are at our guests' disposal.
There is also a gas BBQ, and garden furniture either to relax or dine outdoor.
At the entrance of the property there is a parking space, a large courtyard, and on one side is a very large room with fireplace suitable for a meeting or large party for up to 50 people. The caretakers' residence is attached.
- Bedroom 1 - queen size bed (160cm), TV, ensuite bathroom (bathtub, shower, washbasin, and separate WC). Please note that this bedroom is completely independent from the others, and is accessible from the small lounge downstairs.
- Bedroom 2 - queen size bed (160cm), TV, ensuite bathroom (with shower, washbasin and WC), and direct access on the outdoor landing.
- Bedroom 3 - master suite - king size bed (180cm), TV, table and chairs, large ensuite bathroom with bathtub, separate shower, washbasin, and separate WC.
- Bedroom 4 - two single beds (90cm) or connected as a king size bed (180cm), wardrobe, complete ensuite bathroom with bathtub, shower, washbasin, and WC.
- Bedroom 5 - two single beds (90cm) or connected as a king size bed (180cm), dressing room, small ensuite bathroom with basin, shower, and separate WC.
Guest house 1:
- Bedroom 6 - master suite - king size bed (180cm), baby crib (on request), complete ensuite bathroom (bathtub, shower, washbasin, and WC), and private terrace.
- Bedroom 7 - two single beds (90cm) or connected as a king size bed (180cm), TV, dressing area, ensuite shower room (basin and shower), and separate WC in the corridor.
- Bedroom 8 - two single beds (90cm) or connected as a king size bed (180cm), baby crib (on request), ensuite shower room (basin and shower), and separate WC in the corridor.
Guest house 2 (smallest house):
- Bedroom 9 - two single beds (90cm) or connected as a king size bed (180cm), ensuite bathroom (washbasin, shower, bathtub), separate WC accessible from the living room, and direct access to the garden.
- Bedroom 10 - king size bed (180cm), ensuite bathroom (bathtub, shower, and washbasin), and separate WC on the landing.
- Bedroom 11 - small double bed (140cm), small ensuite bathroom (shower and washbasin), and separate WC on the landing.
Please note that 2 additional beds can be arranged on request and at extra cost.
- The house is located about an hour and a half from both Aix-en-Provence and Avignon.
- The closest village is Viens, 5km away, and has a small grocery shop and 2 restaurants.
- Banon, the village made famous by its goat cheese wrapped in dried chestnut leaves and tied with a raffia ribbon, is located 18km away.
- Each Saturday morning there is a large market in Apt, a lovely little town that also offers shops, and supermarkets and is located 24km away - about 25 minutes by car.
- Luberon's most well-known villages can be reached easily by car (from 40 to 50 minutes): Gordes, Roussillon, Bonnieux, Lacoste, Ménerbes...
- The pools are heated between May 15 and September 28, they can be heated outside these periods for a fee to be determined depending on the period.
- Be aware: There are many stairs in the main house as well as in the two guest houses, so they are not suitable for elderly people or infants.
- Tennis rackets at disposal (deposit - €20).
- Telephone at disposal, but calls will be charged at extra cost.
- Fax upon request.
- We can also offer a catering service and an inclusive full offer.
Entertainment, well-being & sports
Kitchen & Appliances
For your comfort and convenience
Resort services and entertainment
Included in rates
Not included in rates
Rental conditions- Children welcome
Reservation conditions- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 40 %
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email
|05/01/2019 - 29/03/2019||7 Night(s) min.||909 $ / Night|
|30/03/2019 - 03/05/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 087 $ / Night|
|04/05/2019 - 05/07/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 304 $ / Night|
|06/07/2019 - 19/07/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 807 $ / Night|
|20/07/2019 - 16/08/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 903 $ / Night|
|17/08/2019 - 30/08/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 807 $ / Night|
|31/08/2019 - 04/10/2019||7 Night(s) min.||1 304 $ / Night|
|05/10/2019 - 20/12/2019||7 Night(s) min.||909 $ / Night|
|21/12/2019 - 03/01/2020||7 Night(s) min.||940 $ / Night|