Villa il Giunco is a residence situated in the heart of Tuscany. Former 12th century monastery, it was restored and turned into a complete estate with all the facilities of a 21st century resort. Spacious and filled with antique pieces of furniture, the villa is constituted of 7 to 9 bedrooms, with accommodations that can welcome up to 14 guests. Composed of warm honey-coloured stones, the house also has handmade tile floors and beamed ceilings, full-pane windows amplifying the light and view in the interior. The villa forms a square, keeping the original courtyard and guarantying that all the bedrooms face out to the splendid landscape.
The residence also offers a large range of activities thanks to the facilities and equipments at disposal, but also stunning views: on the North, you have a panoramic view of Siena while the West gives you a look on Colline Mettalifere and the East overlooks the Apennines as they snake south. Villa il Giunco is perfect for vacations bathed in the typical Tuscan charm and culture.
Surrounding the house, you will see skirts of lawn and a stone paved terrace while the outside of the house, massive pots, filled with large varieties of flowers, will be found, along the roses beds leading to the house.
An al fresco dining room is also present, equipped with a table and chairs for six. Down the stone path past the beds of roses you will find the pool, of about 15 x 7 meters, surrounded by umbrellas, sun beds and a hammock. A spreading pergola along the west side provides cover for a teak dining table for 14 and small kitchen, which is equipped with a large gas grill, a small fridge and sink, and with ample counter space for preparing lunch. Behind the pergola is situated a bocce court, and below, the stairs will lead you to a full bath with shower.
Villa il Giunco is also located right outside the small village of Ville di Corsano, where you will find a couple of restaurants, a bar and a post office. A spa is located 3 kilometres away, and you will also find on the property a soccer field and a surfaced tennis court, and a spacious and fully equipped gym with all the equipment necessary. Additionally, there is a bathroom plus shower and sauna, and a professional massage table. If desired, a masseuse can be arranged to come to the house.
You won’t be far from the exciting life of Tiscany, considering that from Villa il Giunco, all of Chianti can be easily explored: villages such as Gimignano, Monteriggioni are easily reachable, as well as the towns of Montepulciano, Pienza, San Quirico Orcia... or Florence and Volterra, which are less than an hour and a half from the residence by car.
The cottage is located about 40 meters from the villa. It mainly consists of a ground floor with a living room, equipped with satellite TV, of a dining area with a fireplace, table and chairs, of a kitchen including a stove top, an oven and a dishwasher.
The sleeping area can be found on the same floor, composed of two large bedrooms, each benefitting of a double bed and a bathroom with shower. In the basement you will find a large gym with gymnastic apparatus, a sauna and a bathroom with shower.
The cottage’s ceilings and floors are made of precious antique woods while all the bathrooms are made of yellow Siena marble, and it is also equipped with an “underfloor” type heating and air conditioning system.
Entertainment, well-being & sports
- Gym - Fitness room
- Internet access (wifi)
- Ping-Pong table
- Satellite or cable program
- Swimming pool
For your comfort and convenience
- Air conditioning
- Central heating
- Dining room
- Fireplace in living room
- Study room or den
Kitchen & Appliances
- Dish washer
- Fully equipped kitchen
- Washing machine
- Lounge chairs on the terrace
- Outdoor dining areas
- Outdoor dining table
- Pool lounge chairs
Resort services and entertainment
What is Included
Included in rates
- Bed and household linens
- Change of linens every 3 days
- Daily house cleaning
- Electricity usage (up to 300 kW)
- Gas usage
- Housekeeping 4 hours per day
- Internet WIFI
- Water usage
- Welcome dinner upon arrival
Not included in rates
- Airport transfer
- Breakfast : starting from 15.00 EUR Per Guest
- Cancellation insurance
- Car rental
- Child care, Baby sitting : starting from 20.00 EUR Per Hour
- Cooking lessons of local cuisine : starting from 110.00 EUR Per Person
- Cost of food
- Dinner : starting from 40.00 EUR Per Guest
- Extra hours of housekeeping : starting from 20.00 EUR Per Hour
- Lunch : starting from 20.00 EUR Per Guest
- Pool heating : starting from 60.00 EUR Per Day
- Pre stocking of the house : starting from 40.00 EUR Per Service
- Children must be supervised by an adult at all times when using hot tub, pool, sauna or hammam
- Children welcome
- No safety fence around the pool
- Pool has no swimming guard
- Language spoken by staff : English - Italian
- Check-in : 15:00 h
- Check out : 10:00 h
- Amount of security deposit : 1 500.00 EUR
- Security deposit must be paid in the form of : Credit card pre-authorization (amount is not debited from your card)
- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 40 %
- 2nd payment 45 Days
to arrival day : 60 %
of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo.
- Advance payments can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Bank transfer.
- On site payment can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Cash.
- The reservation price does not include optional incidentals or on-request items which will be added to your final bill.
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email
- Cancellation policy is applied according to villa local time
- For all cancellations, the initial guarantee deposit is non-refundable.
- Cancellation occurs less than 45 Days
to arrival day : 100 %
of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo.
- No show 100 %
of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo
For some of our properties, the map does not show the exact location of the house.
Pisa airport (130 KM)
Siena (19 KM / 15 Minutes by car)
Pisa (126 KM)
Arezzo (87 KM)
Rome (230 KM)
San Gimignano (55 KM)
Volterra (60 KM)
Price on request. Contact us
Our Guest Reviews
We do not have enough reviews for this property