A country of art, culture and refined gastronomy, France is multiplying its assets to fill its visitors. Discover, besides these wonders, landscapes as charming as diversified. Rich in culture marked by a sinuous past, France is the perfect place for lovers of art and history. But the charm of this country does not stop with its rich past, but also with the numerous activities that you will be able to do there, whatever the season...so do not hesitate any more and prepare your stay in the heart of France by renting one of our sublime villas located in the four corners of France. The following list shows the ten activities that must not be missed in the country of taste and finesse.
Speaking of architectural buildings, contemplate the remarkable religious sites. Among them, the abbey of Mont Saint-Michel impresses as much by its position as by the story that it tells. Do not miss a stop at the Cathedral of Notre Dame de Paris or Amiens.
After visiting the capital, castles and churches, the French villages, in a quiet and warm atmosphere, also attract visitors. Discover the villages of Colmar, Rocamadour, Pujols, Saint-Emilion or Sainte-Suzanne. Furthemore, find the French charm in Salers, Rochefort-en-Terre and Vezelay.
Of course, you will find in priority Paris. Visiting the City of Light is one of the must-sees, given its iconic landmarks, museums and luxury shops. Visit, among others, the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre and the Avenue des Champs Elysee. Apart from a visit to Paris, France owes its fame to its elegant castles steeped in history.
- When you visit France, do not forget to visit the Château de Versailles. Once home to the Kings of France, it is one of France's historic monuments and covers 800 hectares. You will discover about 60,000 works, the Ice Gallery, the Hameau de la Reine, as well as the ponds and fountains in the huge park.
- Another, the Château de Chambord is worth a photograph because of its splendour. In the town of Chambord, in the heart of a forest park, learn the history of France that dates nearly 500 years.
- The Château de Villandry lies on the banks of the Loire with its labyrinth, playground and colourful gardens. In the department of Indre et Loire, the architecture and gardens are inspired by the Renaissance with collections of Spanish painters and Arab ceilings.
- The Château de Fontainebleau, a high place in the history of France which was the home of French rulers. Inside there are medieval elements alongside Renaissance and other more classical works. And many others are waiting for you in France!
In search of the most beautiful panoramas? France will make you dream! Opting for a hike is still the best alternative to enjoy its landscapes. Enjoy wandering in the mountains in Auvergne, Isère, Lozère, the Pyrenees, Normandy and the Jura. With an unusual geography, composed of valleys and mountains, but also bordered by the Mediterranean Sea or the Atlantic Ocean, France has many different landscapes to explore.
Whether in the South, to discover the Provencal Colorado, or a walk along the bay of Mont Saint Michel, everywhere in France you will find extraordinary places to discover. Do not forget to visit places that are charming like the Ile de Ré. Places to be in total harmony with nature, or places to admire incredible constructions. On foot, mountain bike or even on horseback, Villanovo can help you organise the activities of your choice.
- The Pyrenees offer a wide variety of landscapes made of valleys, hills, lakes and peaks on the GR10 course. In the colours of the Basque Country, you will be delighted by the white and red villages.
- In Brittany, the Côte d'Emeraude (GR34) offers a trail on more than 1,800km of Brittany coast in the Morbihan. This is one of the most beautiful hiking trails in France.
- In the Alps, you will have the pleasure of discovering a paradise for walkers during the GR5. A few kilometres from Italy, discover small hidden lakes and the mirror effect created with the peaks reflected there.
- In Paris, you have the opportunity to walk a 50km path through nine outlying districts of Paris, in the heart of green spaces. You will pass by such emblematic places like the Géode, the National Library of France or the Cité Universitaire.
- In Corsica, the GR20 crosses the region from North to South for about 180km. Considered one of the most beautiful courses in Europe, it still requires some physical preparation.
- The Calanques between Marseille and Cassis take you on a journey through crystalline waters, wild coves and incredible panoramas. You will discover essential places like the Calanque of Marseilleveyre and the Wood of the Valkyries.
Add to these fabulous panoramas, the wonder in front of the amazing natural sites that you will only see in France. You will be dazzled by the marvellous cliffs of Etretat, the dune of the Pilat and the Mont Blanc. In the South, breathtaking sites include the lake of Salagou and the Calenques of Marseille. Discover a small list to get a taste of what's waiting to be visited:
- Calanques de Marseille: on Mount Puget, at a height of 565m, an incredible view awaits you on the limestone mountains.
- Cirque de Gavarnie: in the heart of the Pyrenees, this UNESCO World Heritage site is dazzling with its rocks, pine forests and waterfalls.
- Dune Pyla: about 120m high, this dune can has a magnificent panorama of the Pointe du Cap-Ferret and the ocean.
- Notre-Dame Basilica: at the top of the Fourvière hill, it offers a view of the city of Lyon and the Alps.
- Gorges du Tarn: over nearly 50km long, the canyon allows hikers to cross an incredible natural site in the heart of lush vegetation along the river.
- Cliffs of Etretat: in Haute-Normandie, this natural phenomenon is breathtaking and reveals the union of stone and water.
- Mont Saint-Michel: in Normandy it is one of the essential visits in France. This high mountain has become a place of Christian pilgrimage that attracts millions of travellers every year from around the world.
Besides tours and walks, you can also fill your holidays with nice boat trips or nautical activities. The lakes of Annecy, Chalain, Sainte Croix, and also the Camargue await you for beautiful excursions. You can also enjoy canoeing in the Gorges du Tarn.
In winter, the French slopes will not fail to make you dream, so prepare your skis and poles to test your scull along the tracks of the many French resorts. Mainly in the Alps, you will always find the perfect ski resort for you. A family resort for an unforgettable holiday with your tribe or a more dynamic resort with many restaurants and nightlife for fun with friends, all at the foot of the slopes.
Méribel, Chamonix, Courchevel or Tignes... so many possibilities to discover kilometres of tracks accompanied by Villanovo, who will find you the chalet in the Alps that suits you. With a pool? at the foot of the slopes? with 5 or 6 bedrooms? Do not hesitate to contact us to send us your requirements. We will take care of the rest.
For holidaymakers seeking sun and beautiful beaches, France has a multitude of magnificent seaside resorts. France has many seaside resorts that will allow you to relax for a well deserved holiday.
If you want to see sublime landscapes while enjoying the sea, head instead to places like Provence, which also offers exceptional hiking trails. If you want to live la dolce vita, and enjoy luxury daily, opt instead for the famous Côte d'Azur which is home to splendid places to vibrate the most dynamic like the famous beach of Saint-Tropez. Villanovo will find the villa in the French Riviera that meets your expectations and more. Do not hesitate to contact us to send us your requirements, we're happy to help!
For children, fun-filled days await them at the many amusement parks. Take them to Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix, Puy du Fou, Vulcania or the magic Futuroscope.
- Disneyland Paris: created in 1992 in Paris, this park is divided into two sections: Disneyland Park and Disneyland Studio. You will find in the park all the universes of disney heroes and animated scenes. On site, while enjoying attractions, restaurants allow you to eat, and throughout the day, attend magic shows. Throughout the year, the park is decorated with seasonal decor and special seasonal events take place.
- Parc Astérix: 35km North of Paris, this park offers nearly 40 attractions and 5 major shows in the world of Asterix, Gaul, the Roman Empire and even the Vikings. Throughout the year, benefit from special offers to fully enjoy this park. The Park also organises the hosting of business seminars and works councils. On site, a variety of restaurants and bars are available with a wide range of flavours.
- Futuroscope: with amusing and fun attractions, this park stands out from the rest of France by offering a whole range of discoveries by combining fun and learning. Indeed, for children as well as adults, it allows us to transport ourselves into different worlds: science, travel, virtual, technology and illusion. You will also be amazed by the Universes of Arthur, the Ice Age and the Raving Rabbids.
- Puy du Fou: immerse yourself in the heart of an extraordinary artistic adventure in the theme of history. Through scenic performances, discover the history of the Vendée from the Middle Ages to the twentieth century. Historical facts of the region are included in shows with special effects and pyrotechnics to discover ancestral customs.
- Marineland: this marine-themed park allows visitors to discover key species such as polar bears, sea lions and penguins, and all around the estate, activities are offered to entertain children. With shows of orcas and dolphins, your children will be seduced. And much more to discover...
France is a country rich in culture. Because of its history, it offers its visitors many treasures of culture. There will always be something that will surprise you in France, whether you live there or come from elsewhere.
Many of our villas in France are located next to exceptional sites. Whether you choose to discover Brittany, Provence or Normandy, you will always find places full of history and memories, which will help you to understand the history of the country better. Discover the castles of France, real national treasures, like the castle of Chambord, or the castle of Peyrepertuse, nestled on top of a steep cliff, a remnant of the medieval age.
You can also spend days discovering French artists. Many museums, other than the famous Parisian museums, retrace the history and evolution of famous artists such as the Picasso Museum in Antibes, or the Pierre Soulages Museum in Rodez.
Finally, the last activity to be done, and not the least, will be turned towards the theme of gastronomy and gourmet pleasures. Your holidays in France will be enhanced by the tasting of Limousin and Bordeaux wines, but also Camembert, Roquefort and Gruyère.