Riad Laurence Olivier is a large private riad of classical architecture offering to its guests all the wonders of traditional Oriental decor. You will not find in this house the modern, and now common twist of many riads in Marrakech. Instead you will be transported in a luxurious atmosphere recalling the past splendours of Morocco and Syria, a subtle mix of marble, precious woods, stucco and beautiful fabrics.
The patio boasts a very large murmuring fountain. All around the patio you will find the dining room and lounge room equipped with chimney and a reading lounge.
Five bedrooms can accommodate ten guests for a fully private stay and with excellent comfort. All rooms are air conditioned and centrally heated with an ensuite bathroom.
The owner recently transformed the adjacent house into a vast garden with heated swimming pool.
There is a large terrace on the roof which is the ideal place for sunbathing or tasting the fabulous cuisine of the cook.
The riad has a hammam and massage room and a dedicated well-qualified beautician/masseuse.
The riad Laurence Olivier enjoys a privileged location near Bab Ghemat in the Medina of Marrakech, a ten minute walk from the Jamaa el Fna Square and five minutes drive from the Golf Royal and Amelkis 27 holes.
Entertainment, well-being & sports
Stereo sound system
Internet access (broadband, wifi)
Satellite or cable program
Cards and board games
For your comfort and convenience
Fireplace in dining room
Air conditioning (all bedrooms)
Fireplace in living room
Lounge area on the terrace
Pool lounge chairs
Outdoor dining areas
Equipment, facilities, events
Safe deposit box
Child care and baby sitting on request
Extra beds available on request
Fully staffed villa
Fully staffed riad
What is Included
Included in rates
Selection of bath products
Heating of swimming pool
Electricity, water, gas
Concierge service & Assistance
Bed and household linens
Not included in rates
Tourism development tax : 2.83 USD Per guest/day
Tips for the staff
Lunch : 22.68 USD
In-house massage service : 34.01 USD
Heating of indoor pool (Oct to April) : 56.69 USD Per Day
Dinner : 28.34 USD
Child care, Baby sitting
Car with driver
- No safety fence around the pool - Pool has no swimming guard - The house chef/cook will handle meal preparation. A daily service fee will be charged to your final bill. - Language spoken by staff : English - French - Check in : 16:00 h - Check out : 12:00 h - Amount of security deposit : 1 000.00 EUR - Security deposit must be paid in the form of : Credit card pre-authorization (amount is not debited from your card)
- Guarantee deposit charged by Villanovo upon reservation : 40 % - 2nd payment 45 Days to arrival day : 60 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - Advance payments can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Carte Bleue - Bank transfer. - On site payment can be made with the following payment method : Visa - Mastercard - Cash. - The reservation price does not include optional incidentals or on-request items which will be added to your final bill.
Cancellation policy and cancellation fees
- Any booking modification or cancellation must be sent to us by email - Cancellation policy is applied according to villa local time - For all cancellations, the initial guarantee deposit is non-refundable. - Cancellation occurs less than 45 Days to arrival day : 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo. - No show 100 % of total amount of reservation is due to Villanovo
For some of our properties, the map does not show the exact location of the house.
Airport (20 Minutes by car) Golf (2 KM) Gueliz (modern town) (10 Minutes by car) Jamaa el Fna square (10 Minutes by car) Medersa Ben Youssef (15 Minutes by car) Souks (5 Minutes by car) Palais de la Bahia (10 Minutes by car) Jardins Majorelle (10 Minutes by car)
Riad Laurence OlivierRecommended by 100% of our customers (8 reviews)
la décoration, l'organisation générale, l'espace piscine et les terrasses
Marie pascale M.10/02/2019 - 16/02/2019
Amazing staff. ***** service
A bit cold at night in bedrooms
Thibault G.21/12/2018 - 26/12/2018
Très beau riad dans un quartier typique
Mathilde de Villanovo a été très sympathique et attentive à nos demande.
En revanche, je ne conseillerais forcément pas le prestataire Dunes & Désert, le cadre manque un peu de charme et d'authenticité.
Berangère E.30/12/2017 - 06/01/2018
Magnificent villa in an working class area of the medina. Great staff and fabulous decor.
Location was problematic.
Jed P.11/05/2016 - 18/05/2016
Proprietaire omni present malgré une privatisation du Riad ...
Xavier B.07/09/2015 - 10/09/2015
- Le très bon personnel sur place: Amina la femme de ménage, Raduan le gardien de nuit, Neza la cuisinière, Fatira la masseuse, Ali et Simon, notre super chauffeur de taxi Abdu Passepartout, et sans oublier notre chère Khadija!!!
Nous n'avons pas connu la propriétaire Laurence mais elle a su s'entourer d'une excellente équipe. Grâce à eux nous avons passé 4 jours inoubliables!
- Le riad en lui même est somptueux, confortable, très propre et doté d'une VRAI piscine parfaitement entretenue dans le jardin.
- Le petit déjeuner délicieux et copieux (jus d'oranges pressées, thé à la menthe, café, 4 sortes de pains et crêpes locaux, 4 confitures différentes, sans oublier de la "vache qui rit"!!!...)
- Suite à un vol de sac de l'une d'entre nous sur un boulevard, le personnel a été vraiment aux petits soins pour nous et nous a guidé dans les différentes démarches administratives gratuitement (taxi d'Abdu)!!!
Je crois que vous pouvez venir dans ce riad les yeux fermés, vous ne serez pas déçus.
Très bon encadrement de la part de villanovo qui a su faire le lien entre le riad et nous avant de partir et répondre à toutes nos questions.
L'une d'entre nous s'est fait voler son sac par un motard à 500m du riad avenue Imam El Ghazali. Il faut donc suivre les conseils de Khadija pour se rendre dans la médina et rester dans les petites ruelles où personne ne prend le risque de vous voler car il serait arrêter par les passants.
Celine A.26/09/2014 - 29/09/2014
Absolutely beautiful riad, from the central living area including the courtyard, fountain/pool, to the library, hamman, and two level private roof terrace/deck. The furnishings and design are beautiful. We rented all four bedrooms for two families. One bedroom is quite a bit larger and has a larger sitting area as well as a second sitting room and/or place for a third person to sleep, which worked well for our group. The other three bedrooms are smaller and narrower, but this is necessitated by the design of just about all the riads with narrow rooms around the central courtyard. The location is an easy 10-15 minute walk from the souks and central square, and is pretty easy to find/access from the road around the medina (it is on the edge). The food was excellent, both the breakfasts, as well as the two dinners we arranged in the riad. The staff was attentive and helpful. Massage/hamman experience also very good (a private hamman on the third floor off the terrace). The local somewhat confused rooster crowing at 1am added a special something!
The lighting could have been a bit brighter in the bedrooms. If Laurence herself will not be in residence while you are visiting, it would be helpful if a guest speaks French or Moroccan Arabic. The rest of the staff really do not speak English at all, other than Abdo the driver who knows some but is not around except when he is driving you.
Cynthia D.24/12/2013 - 29/12/2013
Nous avons passé un excellent moment à Marrakech et vous remercions de votre organisation. J'en profite pour vous demander quelle seraient les disponibilités de la Villa Quierro - Tanger - La Montagne pour fin Avril. Merci par avance. Sarah
Enter your email address to receive fresh news from Villanovo
VILLANOVO is a team of villa specialists and a fully bonded travel agency specializing in upscale rental of luxury villas, charming houses and luxury homes for an unforgettable holiday. Villanovo owns the Villanovo, 1001 Villas and Ibiza House Renting trademarks.
We are fully financially bonded and bound by professional codes of conduct, complying with the latest European directives.
Your money is "safe" and your rights protected with a reputable and professional holiday company.
Villanovo is a member of APST. Villanovo holds a fully bonded licence granted by Atout France.
Villanovo is a travel agent specialist in luxury villa rentals Medina : Hammam, Swimming pool, Children welcome, House staff, etc